What are Diabetic and Orthopedic Shoes?
Whether you’re suffering from neuropathy, progressive flat feet, decreased sensation in your feet, hammertoes, bunion, tired feet, or poor biomechanics, finding comfortable shoes can be difficult as an incorrect fit can lead to diabetic ulcers. 15% of diabetic ulcers result in amputations. The selection at TSMG is extensive and offers the correct fit, and exact amount of control, cushioning, and comfort needed for each individual. Choices range from dress, athletic, and causal shoes, you will find something that fits your lifestyle and helps to keep you active! All shoes are sized and fit by a Licensed Pedorthist.
How do they help?
- They provide support, cushioning, and motion control
- They offload pressure areas that can result in ulceration
- They have the perfect depth and toe box dimensions for custom foot orthotics
- They are shock absorbent, durable, and offer maximum comfort.
- We incorporate computerized technology in analyzing the stresses on your feet including video gait analysis, plantar pressure mapping, and physical therapy consultations when appropriate.
Are they covered by insurance?
They can be! If you’re diabetic, insurance requires a physician prescription from the practitioner managing your diabetic condition. You can call our office at 865-951-2975 and request this form anytime, or we are happy to fax it to the appropriate practitioner!
How do I get a pair?
You are more than welcome to stop by anytime and shop our selection! We have a Licensed Pedorthist and four physical therapists specializing in foot pathology and foot biomechanics that are here to help you! If you are diabetic and will be using your insurance, just call our office at 865-951-2975 to schedule an appointment!